Newcastle Rescue & Consultancy Pty Ltd provide for all persons who are required to provide a refresh of first aid response to casualty in a range of
situations including community and work settings. Provide first aid and provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Refresh.
The training is Nationally Recognised and and is in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council
The course will cover the following areas;
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for first aid response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers involved in critical incidents
- Participate in debriefing to address individual needs
Upcoming Courses for First Aid & CPR Refresher
If there are no upcoming scheduled courses for First Aid & CPR Refresher Training, please contact us to find out if we can arrange a custom course for you.
Units of Competency
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Duration of Course
Training is delivered Face to Face. All training handouts supplied.
Participants are to wear comfortable clothing and closed in shoes.
Participants will complete a theory based assessment and a practical based assessment to determine their competence.
On successful completion of the first aid training course, participants will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment and a wallet card stating;
- Participant Name
- Units of Competency Completed
- Date of Completion
- Statement of Attainment Number
Recognition of Prior Learning
All participants are offered the opportunity to apply for RPL. Please refer to the Student Handbook (located in resources) or phone 1300 356 686 for the procedure of how to apply.
From 1st January 2015, it is a requirement when enrolling in a Nationally Recognised training course to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI). Certifications cannot be issued until the USI number has been provided and verified.