Our Asbestos awareness training course gives workers and supervisors the knowledge they need to identify and work safely with asbestos or asbestos containing material. The purpose of awareness training is to ensure workers understand where asbestos might be found and what steps to take to stay safe.
The course will provide information on:
- What is Asbestos and where do you find it?
- Why was Asbestos used?
- Non-Friable vs Friable Asbestos
- Asbestos Exposure Impact on Health
- Work Details
- Asbestos Register
- Work Method Statements
- Confirm Job Requirements and Make Preparations
- Identify Hazard
- Risk Management
- Hazard Controls
- Material and Equipment for Asbestos Removal
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Decontamination Units
- Health Monitoring
- Air Monitoring
- Notifying all Affected parties of Asbestos Removal
- Identify Asbestos Containing Materials
- Asbestos Removal Methods
- Check Qualifications of Team Members
- Isolate the Asbestos Removal Area
- Display Air Monitoring Results
- Developing Your Team
If there are no upcoming scheduled courses for Removing Non-Friable Asbestos, please contact us to find out if we can arrange a custom course for you.
Upcoming Courses for Asbestos Awareness
Duration of Course
Training is delivered Face to Face. All training handouts supplied.
Participants are to wear comfortable clothing and closed in shoes.
On successful completion of the asbestos awareness training course, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Recognition of Prior Learning
All participants are offered the opportunity to apply for RPL. Please refer to the Student Handbook (located in resources) or phone 1300 356 686 for the procedure of how to apply.
From 1st January 2015, it is a requirement when enrolling in a Nationally Recognised training course to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI). Certifications cannot be issued until the USI number has been provided and verified.