Newcastle Rescue & Consultancy Operations Manager
(12 Month Contract)
Newcastle Rescue is an international RTO with over 11 years of involvement in Australian & International markets. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the oil & gas, construction, defence, mining & civil sectors. Newcastle Rescue is committed to becoming a recognised leader in the safety industry.
About the role
We are seeking an Operations Manager for our facility in Newcastle (NSW). Reporting to the Managing Director, your role will be to ensure that adequate and effective support is available to the management team from an operation perspective, ensuring all site tasks are executed in a timely and organised manner.
Skills and experience
The KRAs of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Take responsibility for one’s own and teams’ performance by setting clear goals and expectations within the administration department, tracking progress and ensuring feedback and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Directly lead, coordinate and supervise staff and provide support to the wider team (trainers, sales, marketing) where required.
- Delegate duties and prioritise activities for staff to ensure all work tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure the effective communication within the team is always maintained and address any conflicts in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in the recruitment of team members within your area of responsibility, including the interviewing, assessing and training of new employees.
- Procedures and process improvements. Continuous improvements. Streamlining and creating efficiencies.
- Review administration processes to improve efficiency and quality.
- Co-ordinate timetable planning and management of staff projects.
- Maintain administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations such as (Safety Training, Sales, Marketing, Servicing of Safety Equipment).
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities of buildings.
- Organize and supervise other office activities where required.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Work collaboratively with peers, initiating ideas for continuous improvement in process design and willingly accepting responsibility for implementation actions within the range and expectation of the position.
- Maintain professional development and sharing skills and knowledge.
This position reports to MD
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrable Skills and Competencies
- Experience in running an RTO operation effectively
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn software such as Xero and Wisenet.
- Strong business acumen required to drive the best outcomes
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and be part of a great team
- An appreciation and understanding of the application of adult learning principles and competency-based training and assessment.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and ability to plan, organise and prioritise workloads.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Highly developed PC skills with a knowledge of business software applications e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Observe safe systems of work relevant to your work area and report potential hazards.
- Ensure Administration & Office Management policies and procedures are established and maintained in accordance with Core and Enabling process.
- Coordinate, train, supervise and manage the administration team to effectively carry out their roles & responsibilities.
- Manage ongoing projects.
- Maintain staff job roles are carried out in a designated time to maximise performance.
- Provide monthly site reports to the Managing Director.
- Assist in creation and preparation of publications (reports, correspondence, presentations with marketing assistant.
- Prior experience working in a senior administrative capacity in an RTO is essential.
- Familiarity with databases relevant to an RTO such as wisenet/unicorn.
- Experience working with staff and students from various backgrounds.
- Experience in preparing tender documents
- Tertiary qualification in business or adult education.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Prior experience in a similar site-based Operation Manager or Senior Site Admin role, having worked in the RTO sector.
- Qualifications relevant to the RTO
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
- A high level of organisational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment with a proactive and adaptable attitude
- An ability to exercise discretion and protect confidentiality whilst maintaining an approachable attitude
- An ability to liaise effectively within all levels of the site team.
Diversity & Inclusion
- We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce and funding applications desirable.